I am so very excited to be putting this out into the world: Red Umbrella Project is hiring! We are looking for a part time Program Assistant to help run the Red Umbrella Diaries, our workshops, and other projects.
Program Assistant, Red Umbrella Project
- Part Time Fellowship, entry level with training available
- About 5 hours per week at $20 per hour (with possibility for growth/more hours depending on workload)
- 3 month independent contractor position (potentially renewable)
- Work remotely (but be based in NYC area), make your own schedule, need access to computer internet
- Application deadline: Sunday, July 8 at 9 pm EST
- WAY more info about the job and application process here
About Red Umbrella Project
The Red Umbrella Project (RedUP) reframes public dialogue about the impact of stigma and discrimination on people who trade sex for things they need, through the lens of lived experiences. We provide training and support to people who wish to engage with media and in public forums to tell their stories and make change around issues that affect them.
Our projects for July – December of 2012 include:
- Red Umbrella Diaries: storytelling events which take place the first Thursday of the month at Happy Ending Lounge (302 Broome St, NYC)
- Red Umbrella Diaries podcast: published weekly on Sundays
- Audio installation of Red Umbrella Diaries stories at the International AIDS Conference (IAC) in Washington, DC in July
- Speak Up! Media Trainings: ½ day training on July 21 in Washington, DC, preceding the IAC and full weekend-long intensive training in October in NYC
- Becoming Writers: 8 week writing workshop, taking place from September through November, with a publication of writings by participants in late 2012.
- Cooking in Heels: memoir cookbook by a RedUP community member. Book production during late summer and promotion throughout the fall.
- Several other campaigns and projects, TBD